Sunday, October 18, 2009

Day 3 Oct. 18, 2009

Well what a difference a day makes! First thing I need to thank Brian and Patty for there hospitality,they went way beyond just giving us a place to stay. They brought us a TV, DVDs,
popcorn, hot chocolate and a few other goodies. If anyone is ever in Perry look them up.
We started in very cold weather ( Im guessing about 40) with a pretty hefty wind from behind this time. I will try to get some pics of us on this site, but we looked like 2 armed bandits with our faces covered with bandanas to protect our faces. It certainly helped! The scenery was a nice chang today from the long,long,flat roads we have been on for the last couple days. We had some nice downhills and following the contour of the coast right next to the Gulf of Mexico most of the day. We ended the day in Apalachicola, haven't had any time to check anything out but it looks like a real neat place to come and visit. We were supposed to camp out tonight but with temps. dipping back down in the low 40s we opted for the Best Westen(thank's to Wendy for the great deal she gave us). We were both desiring chinese food so we opted to walk the mile to get some (It was worth it). Jerry and I are both feeling good, a little tired at the end of the day, but not bad for 2 middle aged guys on their version of a "Wild Hog's" tour. Keep us in your thoughts and prayers. I haven't heard anything new about Richard but will keep you updated as when I learn anything. Jerry says and please keep the comments coming, they really do encourage us.

Tracy

8 comments:

  1. Well Tracy and Jerry,I figured this blogging thing out. I am so proud of you both. I know you must be tired, but be sure to enjoy your adventure. Stay warm and ride safely.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings! Sounds like you all had a great day! I enjoyed your report, and envisioning riding near the coast was enjoyable. I know you are soaking in the scenery and the wonders of the adventure. Curious to know how many miles you went today; I know yesterday's intended journey was a bit truncated. You guys are impressive! Keep up the good work! It's surely a physical challenge, and a mental challenge as well. I'm pullin' for you!
    My verse for you on Monday is: Christ's strength will move in on my weakness. 2Cor.12:7 Blessings and prayers (at 10a and 10p especially and in between as well ;) ---Karin

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to chuckle at the "wild hogs" thing. Whatever you ...do stay out of the water!! :)I'm really proud of you guys. I'm glad you're safe and warm. The weather tomorrow shouldn't be too bad for camping out. I pray the winds are merciful. I'm glad you have persevered. Rest well tonight and build strength. God go with you and uphold you. Google map is fun to work with. It's a bit like following you along the way. The coastline is beautiful! God bless you! Goodnight! I love you, Jerry! Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. You guys are an inspiration!! Continue to be strong as you persevere. Much love and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Keep up God's work. You both are an inspiration to others as well as to Richard and his family.
    Sorry I missed you guys when you took off. I am praying for your trip and hope you get a wonderful experience from it.
    Miss you guys picking on me. Hurry home safely.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That stretch along the coast looks awesome!! Sometime when we come back to Florida, the kids and I want to take the scenic route, along the coast. Keeping you in prayers. Be sure to let us know when you are in our neck of the woods!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I caught wind of your journey, and am following your experiences. What an inspiration you are. I just read this text this morning..."men always ought to pray and not lose heart" Luke 18:1 I am praying for you on your journey, as well as Richard and his wife and daughter for whom this journey is for.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 2pm M Thinking of you all along a pretty coastline, viewing that ocean, an example of the wideness of God's mercies. I pray that you are fortified in the Spirit this afternoon for a real successful day. I just know God is blessing you with great experiences and great people in your path.
    >>> ;) ;) When everything is coming your way...you're in the wrong lane. ;) ;)

    ReplyDelete