Thursday, October 15, 2009

It's the night before the big ride, and I hope that many of you will take this journey with Jerry and I. The weather looks a little unsettled, but that's what turns a typical day of riding into an adventure.
I want to share a little bit tonight about Richard, when I went to visit him on thur. he was not doing well at all, seizures have become more frequent and sickness from all the medications seems to be the norm. He shared with me that he believes his time is short and he is OK with that, his only fear is leaving Andrea and Kayla behind. I shared the hope we have in Heaven with him. When I left he looked at me with tears running down his face and said " If I dont see you when you get back I will see you in Heaven" Here is a man facing his own mortality. What is the biggest problem you have faced lately?
The ride is about Richard and raising some funds to help them through this terrible time in their lives. One of my favorite thoughts I have had lately is this: If you see someone in need and have the ability to help them but do not, where is the love?
I will not be making it a daily plea to ask for your money, but if you feel impressed, please give abundantly. You will be blessed for it.
What I will be doing daily is sharing stories from the road, you know about the people we meet, the places we have seen, the dog chasing tales, and the adventures we lived that day.
I will also be sharing updates on Richard's condition. So please join us for the next couple of weeks, you will not only be entertained but you will encourage the two of us.

Tracy

4 comments:

  1. Here in Crystal River watching the guys get ready for the first day of riding. First goal is Cross City. Much love and blessing to them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Will be watching and praying, from SW MS.....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just got a call from Jerry. They are in Inglis. 11 miles down and 987 to go! God bless you and keep you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My prayers are with Richard and his family.I am so proud of Tracy and Jerry.I do not think I met Jerry.But I know Tracy .I love you Tracy am so proud of you I miss you.Please be safe and always watch out for Cujo.I love you all of you are in my thoughts and prayers.Love Linda

    ReplyDelete