Saturday, October 17, 2009

Saturday October 17th Day 2

Left Cross City Fl. at 7:30 am. It was cloudy and very cool with about 10 mph headwinds. Went 18 miles and stopped in Tennile. After a short rest we traveled 26 more miles north to Perry. The wind picked up drastically with headwinds being between 15-20 mph. Jerry and I had to switch the lead every mile to catch a break. It got very cold and took us about three hours to make it to Perry city limits. Rode four more miles to find something to eat. We ate at Subway and had a decision to make. Should we head west to St. Marks for about fifty miles in this wind with no stops or should we call it a day in Perry. We made a few phone calls and talked to the Perry Seventh-day Adventist Church. They were wonderful! They let us stay at their church all day and fed us a bountiful feast of pastas and salad. They allowed us to set up camp in their church for the night. My life lesson for today is to persevere. Trust that God will take care of you and everything will be all right. Romans 5:1-5
Thanks for all your prayers and support,
Tracy and Jerry
p.s. I discovered rain gear works much better as a wind breaker!

4 comments:

  1. Greetings! I enjoy the updates. Glad you have a good stopping point for tonight and were well taken care of. My prayer/verse for you all for Sunday is this promise:
    God's strong hand is on (Tracy and Jerry). 1Pet. 5:6
    I know you are going to see Him work again tomorrow!
    Have a great day on Sunday! May the winds be in your favor! ;)---Karin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there guys! I know God has reasons why you are delayed briefly in Perry. So glad you met such wonderful people there. I can't wait to hear what God has in store for you tomorrow! I'm praying that you rest well and that God will give you divine appointments tomorrow. I pray that He will send mighty angels with powerful wings to ride before you (so you can draft) and behind you, to push you along. I thank God for His safe-keeping. Goodnight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You guys are doing great! Praying for your protection and that you touch many lives and spread the word about Richard's Ride. Keep the updates coming. I'm enjoying hearing about your adventures.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Keeping you all in prayer, and enjoying following your progress. The visual me wishes to follow you on a map! LOL Enjoy your rain gear/windbreakers! ;-)

    ReplyDelete