Sunday, October 25, 2009

Day 9& 10 Oct. 25, 2009


Wow, where do I even begin? First I want to say it's nice to be able to type this blog on a computer bigger than the size of a napkin, I can actually read the keyboard.

Mike thanks for your comment yesterday, we were busy so I didn't have a chance to respond.

But here is my explanation for a lack of a blog yesterday.

Those of you that have been following us know that we stopped riding early on friday,after about 54 miles. We needed rest and wanted to regroup our thoughts. When we stopped we just happened to be across from a really nice bike shop who supplied us with a La. state bicycle map

which would have been nice to have(if we knew it existed) a few days ago. We discovered that the route we were on for the rest of the ride would be much of the same that we had experienced for the last 40-50 miles, yes it had 4' shoulders(they call them bike lanes) but all it really was is loose gravel, there is absolutely no way that you could ride a bike on it. The traffic on the roads I would compare to hwy 19 with speeds in excess of 55mph, it becomes very stressful riding out there, escpecially with some(more of the minority) drivers yelling or beeping at you to get out of the way with no where to go. So to make a long story shorter, when Jerry and I got up Saturday morning (with every intention of riding) we went and got a bite to eat, and started talking about what lies ahead, and that's when we both decided it would be safer to end the ride now on a safe and positive note than to try and venture on.

I can only speak for myself but with that decision came relief (road conditions) but a little sadness also(the ride was over). The journey was AWESOME with no regrets, God allowed Jerry and I to be used for the good of another family. We got to meet a lot of nice people along the way, we learned what it is like to have no energy and have God place someone in your path at the right moment to encourage you, isn't that what we should be doing in our lives everyday? Looking for that someone who needs a pick me up.

I will continue to add blogs for the next few days, although the ride is over for Jerry and I, the battle continues for Richard(and his family). I heard that Richard is doing poorly as of saturday.

I heard that his bowels have shut down and he is in constant agony, I wonder if God just wanted me back here to be with a friend who is hurting? I will be seeing him today and let you all know what I find out.

I want to thank each and every single one of you for your prayers, your financial contributions to the Chathams, and for your encouragement.

Richard's, Andreas and Kayla's needs dont end when the ride ends. So please continue to help.

One last note for today, Jerry and I are already talking about continuing our ride next year so if any of you want to go for a ride let us know!!

OK one more last note, if anyone is interested in hearing about our journey(we have pics. too)

call me(tracy 352-586-7621) we would love to share this adventure>


With lots of love,

Tracy & Jerry


2 comments:

  1. Never regret good you hsve done for someone. Safety always comes first and you guys made it 600 miles with a smile on your face and serious tan lines! Of course , you can always raise interest in smaller rides locally to keep up the mission for the Chathams, that way some of us can join you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. T&J--Congrats on your successful 8 day odyssey!!! Glad you are home safe and sound. I praise God for your safety and a successful trip. I can't commend you enough for a 'job' well done, though I know you saw it as an opportunity to do good. I just know your venture was a success and that you were able to raise interest, awareness, and funds. I'm so glad that you noticed God's goodness on a daily basis.It was great to hear that the experience was awesome and that you had no regrets! Blessings, Karin >>p.s. I was looking for an exact mileage report; sorry, I'm into #s. ;)

    ReplyDelete